1. Go to Settings > Automation Settings.
Note: Here, you can enable automatic email reminders (and SMS) to be sent for all listed actions. This will be the blanket option for all clients - if you need to edit options for specific clients, you can do this later.
2. Using the toggle buttons, enable the automation for each tab as shown below and enter the day number (Day 7 will be 7, Day 42 will be 42) for when you wish to send more reminders. Separate with a comma.
3. You can only enable Concurrent SMS if this is switched on. To do this, you will need to contact support and then buy a bundle of SMS.
4. For Tax Payment Reminders, you will need to have the amounts and dates added in the client file and here in Automation Settings. Remove these once they have notified they are paid to avoid more reminder emails.
5. Choose options as needed under Email Settings. We recommend turning off 'Pause Queue After Failed Email'.
6. Select Save Settings once finished. Your Automation is enabled.
7. You can view and update your automated tasks in Task List by selecting Tasks at the top.
Step 2: Customizing Client Automation
1. Open the relevant client by selecting in Client > Client List. The first thing to do if needed is input the information in the Previous Accountant tab to get the professional clearance. Use toggle for Clearance Required if needed and add in email address and accountant details. Select a date for first email and input a day range for resending - we recommend every 7 days. Once you have received, toggle the option for Information Received.
2. Select Automation along the top of the client file as shown below.
3. Update options and detail as needed and select 'Update Automation'.
Step 3: Customizing an Email Template
1. Go to Settings > Templates.
2. All templates will show. You can add a new template using New Template in the top right or use the edit button for relevant template.
3. Edit text in the box under Details. You can use anything from Client Variables or Account Variable dropdowns to alter the specific option (such as client name) for all clients using the template.
4. Once you are finished, you can use Preview Template to test and then Save Template to save.
Step 4: Creating a Custom Service Automation
1. Go to Settings > Account Settings.
2. Under the Services tab, you will see the box for Customer Services. Input a name for each one - if you need more than one, ensure you enter it in a new line using the enter/return button. Choose Save Settings at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Under Client Settings tab, select Manage Custom Fields.
4. Select New Custom Field on the screen that appears.
5. Input a Name, Description, allocate to the relevant section (this is the service you created) and select the type for the field, such as dropdown, before selecting Save Custom Field.
6. Go to Clients > New Clients and select the option in the list of services to view your dropdown for the new service. You will need to add a deadline date and frequency of the automated emails to create the tasks for this on the system.
7. The system will create a blank email template for this option so you need to go to Settings > Templates and edit the relevant option to create one.
8. Your service is now ready to be used and set for automation. To set the automation dates and enable email reminders, go to Settings > Automation Settings and fill in the detail beside the service you have created as shown below (Custom Service Test) before selecting Save Settings.
To view the outgoing queue at any time, you can go to Queued along the top of the screen.